Get Compensation For Expenses Related To Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be extremely serious, often requiring medical treatments that are costly. Difficult paperwork may become necessary when these injuries occur in the workplace and other settings. While injuries are almost always physical, psychological trauma may arise too. Insurance companies and other agencies may not take burn injury claims seriously and try to devalue the suffering or expenses you experience. At Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP, our experienced burn injury lawyers will recover compensation for your injuries as well as future medical costs and damages.
Common Causes Of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can occur due to a variety of factors. Common causes of burn injuries include:
- Chemical burns, which are common in industrial settings
- Contact with open flames
- Contact with thermal devices like ovens and irons
- Radiation burns from X-rays
- Scalding from hot water or steam
- Ultraviolet burns from tanning lamps
If unsafe work practices, someone else’s negligence or product manufacturing has caused your burn injury, you may be able to seek compensation for your expenses.
Degrees Of Burns And Injuries
Burn injuries are extremely painful and vary in intensity and degrees ranging from one to four.
- First-degree burns occur on the outer layers of the skin (epidermis). Healing generally takes a few days and no blisters appear.
- Second-degree burns appear on the outer layers of the skin but also spread into the dermis or the lower layers of the skin. Healing may take a few weeks and there may be minimal scarring. Second-degree burns often look moist and blister.
- Third-degree burns expand through the dermis and into the fatty tissue. The skin may appear to be dry or leather-like and appear in bright colors, white, or black. Third-degree burns often require skin grafting.
- Fourth-degree burns accompany the same symptoms as third-degree burns but also are associated with damage to tendons, bones and joints.
Aside from skin, burns may damage underlying nerves and structures that result in permanent injuries. It is important to seek medical attention immediately to avoid scarring, blistering and other complications that could arise.
Contact Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP
If you have been burned due to premises liability, product liability or in the workplace, you have a right to seek recompense from responsible parties. Seek representation from the burn injury lawyers at our firm.
Contact Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP, for more information regarding burn injuries. For a free initial consultation, fill out the online contact form or call 404-973-0341.