Accidents Resulting From Unsafe Conditions
Negligent security is the legal term for a situation in which property owners and property managers fail to adequately protect tenants, patrons, customers, and guests from harm on their premises.
It applies to Georgia and Atlanta area:
- Hotels, motels, lodges, and inns
- Apartment and condominium complexes
- Schools, colleges, and university campuses
- Restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, and private clubs
- Shopping malls, shopping centers, strip malls, retail stores, and department stores
- Amusement parks, theme parks, public parks, public pools
- Parking lots, parking garages, stairwells, and elevators
Property owners and managers have an obligation to deter crime and protect patrons by taking adequate security measures. Adequate security can include:
- Installation and maintenance of security cameras and exterior lighting
- Installation and maintenance of fences around swimming pools
- Hiring security guards, posting warning signs
- Installation and maintenance of coded gates around the perimeter of the property.
We Investigate Negligent Security Cases
When you consult our inadequate security lawyers, we investigate and evaluate the conditions that were present the day you were hurt, compare them to accepted norms of safety standards, interview potential witnesses, get any reports of prior security concerns, obtain security tapes (if available), and compile fact upon fact to build your case.
If you or someone close to you were injured on commercial property of any kind, you may be entitled to damages in a premises liability suit.
Colleges, Universities, And Campus Safety
Numerous students at Georgia’s colleges and universities are victims of on-campus crimes. If you are a student and you were the victim of theft, vandalism, violence, or sexual assault at your school, please contact the personal injury law firm of Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP to see if you have a case.
Call Moraitakis & Kushel, LLP at 404-973-0341 or send us an e-mail to schedule your free consultation. We will assess your case, give you an honest evaluation of your circumstances, and explain each of the legal tools available to you.
We charge no attorney’s fees unless we collect a settlement or win a jury award for you.