We Focus On Getting Compensation So You Can Focus On Healing
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Personal Injury
- General Litigation
Glenn Kushel is an Atlanta trial lawyer with over 20 years of experience.
Early Legal Career
Glenn began practicing law in 1988 as a defense lawyer with the law firm Long, Weinberg, Ansley & Wheeler. He primarily represented physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice actions, but also handled a variety of other types of cases including insurance disputes, product liability, automobile, and trucking cases.
In 1993, Glenn began a plaintiff's practice with the firm of Mills & Moraitakis, and became a named partner in 1995. He has dedicated his practice to representing those injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, trucking accidents, automobile accidents, product liability and other negligent and intentional acts.
Notable Legal Cases
Throughout his career, Glenn has successfully tried and resolved many cases in areas such as medical malpractice and personal injury. For example, he and his partner Nick Moraitakis argued the case ofKeenan v. Plouffe to the Georgia Supreme Court, a case that involved a young woman who was severely brain damaged during a surgery at the Medical College of Georgia. In a landmark decision, the Supreme Court held that the defendant physician, a faculty member at the Medical College, was not immune from suit under the Georgia Tort Claims Act. Instead, he could be held liable individually. The case settled for an amount exceeding seven and one half million dollars.
Glen and his partners also successfully handled a significant case against the City of Atlanta and other defendants when their client's husband was killed in a sinkhole that occurred at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Atlanta. After years of litigation, the case was settled for a favorable amount shortly before trial.
Recently, the firm tried and won a suit against Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in a negligent security case. The verdict resulted in a one million dollar reward for their client, the victim of a stabbing at a MARTA station. Another recent case against MARTA that resolved in their client's favor involved a MARTA bus accident that rendered their client a quadriplegic.
Glenn has successfully litigated cases against orthopedists, surgeons, cardiologists, pediatricians, obstetrician-gynecologists, anesthesiologists and other medical specialists. He has a particular interest in nursing home abuse and neglect cases. He and his partner have also handled many serious trucking, automobile and premises liability cases. Their automobile product cases have involved defects relating to stability, roof crush, fuel system integrity, seatbacks and seatbelts.
Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
In the early 2000s, Glenn worked on behalf of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association as Legislative Chair helping to defeat efforts to pass tort laws seeking to prevent access to the court system. In 2005, he was elected as President of the Association. During his term, he and other Executive Committee members worked to restructure the Association to place a greater emphasis on legislative efforts and outreach, as well as efforts to preserve and protect the civil justice system and citizens' access to the courts.
Glenn is married with two children. He and his family are very active in the school community. His interests include spending time with his family, golf, tennis and boating.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. - 1985
- Major: Finance
- Georgia, 1988
- Florida, 1990
- President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2005 to 2006
- Executive Vice-President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2004 to 2005
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Chairman, Legislative Committee, 2002 to 2003
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Former Chairman, Professional Negligence Section
- Former Committee Member of the Atlanta Council of Young Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Florida
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia Fellow
- Governmental Immunity in Medical Malpractice Actions, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association - Verdict Magazine, Summer, 2001
- Keenan v. Plouffe, 267 Ga. 791 482 S.E.2d 253, 1997, Ga. S. Ct., 1997061273
- Delancy v. St. Paul Fire & Marine Insurance Co., 947 F.2d 1536, 1991, 11th Cir. (GA), 1991191157
- Selected to Georgia Super Lawyers: 2009 – 2014
Classes & Seminars
- Motions to Compel - Discovery, Georgia ICLE
- Legislative Update - Bad Faith, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Ethics, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Mills & Moraitakis, Associate, 1993 to 1995
- Long, Weinberg, Ansley & Wheeler, Attorney, 1988 to 1992